Sunday, March 18, 2007

Husband Extraordinaire!

How I got so lucky, I'll never know. M, my husband of almost one year, is a former personal chef, currently a full-time artist, and cooks for me every night. Every night! I hate to gloat, but I can't help myself.

When he was working as a personal chef for a lovely family in the Palisades, I had to fend for myself and cook dinner for myself which was not only unsatisfying, but rather sad. It would be me and the cats until 10ish when he'd get home exhausted. It was hardly the best situation as we started our marriage.

Now, I come home exhausted and he's home from the studio, cooking up a storm. Last night? It was seared scallops with a cilantro, ginger, and lime glaze (pictured below). Tonight it's Point Reyes blue cheese and pear stuffed pork chops with buttermilk mashed potatoes and broccoli (also pictured below).

M really is a dream come true. We've been together a little over five years and I still think he's pretty damn perfect.

No comments: